Friday, August 28, 2015

Tuna Burgers

One beaten jumbo or extra-large egg
One can drained tuna
1/4 C whole grain bread crumbs (or if phase 1, TVP)
Onion (or onion salt)
Celery (or celery seeds)
Garlic (or garlic powder)
1 Tbsp lemon juice (optional)
black pepper

I used whole grain bread crumbs, celery seeds, garlic powder, onion salt, and no lemon juice. I beat the egg, added the drained tuna and mixed/broke it up with a fork. I then added the bread crumbs and just eyeballed the rest of the ingredients. Mix it up with your fork.

Preheat your oven to 350. Put a little oil in a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Form two patties from the mixture and brown both sides in the pan (just a few minutes). When the oven is ready, put patties in oven for 10 minutes (I just cooked them on a piece of foil). With a few minutes left, I put an Arnold Sandwich Thin on the foil to heat up and crisp a little (a toaster would work, too). After about ten minutes, I removed everything and put the one patty in the fridge for a later date. Then I put the other patty on the sandwich thin with a slice of American cheese and chowed down. It wasn't bad!